The age limit is a significant restriction on access to your videos – and in a significant way. Because by activating the age restriction, underage YouTube users can no longer see your videos.
The age limit is an important factor in keeping YouTube safe for children. So if you upload content that is not suitable for children and young people, you should activate the age restriction.
How to enable YouTube parental control for your videos
The activation of the age restriction is found quickly:
- Open your video overview.
- Click on the title.
- Open the menu under “Target group> Age restriction” and select “Yes, only view my video for viewers 18 years and older”.
After a few seconds, you will message that the video (s) has been updated. You will also see a yellow warning light in the information on the video, indicating that the video has an age restriction. By the way, to deactivate the age restriction, proceed in the same way.
You-Tube: Safe Mode
Instead, if you want your children to surf YouTube safely, use the safe mode.
- To do this, click on your profile at the top right of the browser and select “Restricted mode” from the drop-down menu at the bottom. As a result, YouTube hides any age-restricted videos.
- In the Android app, you will find the option under “Settings> General.”
- If you are using the app on iOS, navigate to Settings> SafeSearch “in the app.
- How to Fix The Unexpected Google pp shutdown
- WQHD or 4K? These are The Differences
- How to Hack an iPhone Phone with The Best Method?